The folks over at DJ Tech Tools have released a follow up to their previous DJ controller bag, which was more of a messenger-style shoulder bag. The DJ Tech Tools Controller Backpack V2 ($140) will easily house most portable controllers on the market, and there’s still plenty of room for a couple of add-on controllers.
I am impressed with the waterproof zippers, but if they had bothered to include a rain jacket to cover the entire bag located in a hidden bottom compartment (much like my camera bag), it would have taken this model over the top compared to other models currently on the market. My theory: if you go the extra mile to include waterproof zippers, you should have a rain bag just in case you have to grab your gear and clear out from the boon docks in the midst of a torrential downpour. As the illustration shows, it can easily accommodate an S4 controller. [my weapon of choice]
Here are some features pulled from their site:
- Rigorously tested heavy-duty design to keep gear safe and protected
- Fully waterproof outer shell and nylon inner lining, made from Ripstop and graphite material
- Weatherproof high quality industry standard zippers from YKK
- Fitted controller pocket can fit mid-size controllers such as the: Kontrol S2, Ableton Push, Maschine MK2, & Electrix Tweaker
- Dimensions for fitted controller pocket: 18 x 12 x 3 inches
- Ergonomic shoulder straps and super thick back padding make carrying even a heavy setup super-comfortable
- Spacious main pocket has lots of additional room for carrying gear and accessories from smaller controllers like Midi Fighter Pros, to sound cards, dj mixers, a change of clothes for when on the road, or even a stack of 12″ vinyl
- The MF3D, MF Pro, and Spectra controllers fit perfectly in the front zipper pocket!
- Side access neoprene laptop stow lets you access your computer without fussing with everything else in the bag
- External ID pocket
- Stand up design means you won’t have to worry about it falling over and spilling your gear under the dj booth
- Break resistant buckles
- Wide front pocket features plenty of room for smaller gear like external drives, cards, adapters, soundcards, and more
- Quick access side pocket for keys, backstage pass, ID, etc.
will fit z2 and other similar smaller sized 2 channel mixers
Overall, it is one attractive piece with some excellent quality parts built right in to protect your precious cargo. I would definitely recommend getting one, if you’re in the market for DJ bags.