I just went to djtechtools.com and gawked at these leaked photos of the newly anticipated and modified Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 ($199) that will be slated for an August 2013 release. The source was a legit retail site, and yes, the photos have been taken down.
– a more simplified button interface with multi-color display for enhanced visual (still not sure on as many color changes as found on the kontrol F1)
– a digital led readout for bar loop lengths so you don’t have to look at your laptop screen
– a pair of mini touch strips for effects like those found on the Pioneer controller models
– newly designed FX assignment hard buttons
– same form factor as previous models
With the beauty of midi key assignments, you may still want to hold on to the original unit (MK1) to have it integrated to perform other functions, or you may want to have it assigned to control effects for decks C & D. Looks like it’s time to get that USB hub out the closet! Overall, this looks a little too good for a Photoshop prank. I think you’ll agree!